The District of Carleton North’s (DCN) Tourism Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Tourism, Heritage and Culture Manager in developing, initiating, and collaborating with multiple stakeholders to implement and promote quality tourism products, services and experiences that align with an aggressive tourism strategy. As Tourism Coordinator, you will assist the Tourism, Heritage and Culture Manager in working closely with the business community, provincial and federal government, public and interest groups to build strong partnerships in the delivery of quality initiatives for the purpose of expanding the tourism offerings in DCN. The incumbent will also design and administer competitive marketing strategies and conduct market research to foster an appealing public image to promote the district as assigned by the Tourism, Heritage and Culture Manager.
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job are as follows:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate in Business or Public Administration or relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the development and delivery of business development plans, tourism and/or marketing strategies.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The following job certifications, diplomas or memberships are also required to perform the job:
- Valid, Class 5 New Brunswick Driver’s License.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Clean Driving Abstract.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate is an asset.
- English/French bilingualism is an asset.
Submissions should have “Competition: Tourism Coordinator” in the subject line and sent to Amy.McIntosh@carletonnorth.com. The deadline for applications is January 23rd, 2024.
The full job posting can be found HERE!