HR On Call Program
UMNB members are eligible to participate in the People First HR Service offered by peoplecorp.
Their on-call HR service officers provide nationwide experience to many municipal associations and are designed to be flexible and affordable. Subscribers receive support by phone and email on best practice advice for general HR inquiries including:
- Legislation and best practice
- Employee and labour relations
- Creating a respectful workplace
- Discussing requirements for policy development and workplace procedures
- Disability management consultation
- Employee discipline or termination
A special rate of $60/month is available for UMNB members ($720/per year) For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Canoe Procurement Group Purchasing Program
UMNB has partnered with Canoe Procurement Group of Canada to provide our members with access to competitively priced goods and services through a cooperative procurement program. Through this program, we can offer preferential pricing and service on everything from office supplies to heavy equipment as a benefit of UMNB membership.
Buying through our new membership services program saves you time and money by leveraging group purchasing. Member benefits include competitive pricing from reputable local vendors, access to trusted brands and products that have been competitively solicited and awarded, consolidated invoicing and easy payment terms. Procurement of products and service through this program meets all legislative requirements.
Value to UMNB Members :
- Additional procurement tool for UMNB’s members – non-binding and no obligation to purchase.
- Procurement compliance to trade agreement legislation.
- Access to premium brands through Sourcewell partnership.
- Members select which vendor they want to buy from. The member will purchase/place any orders through the vendor and pay the vendor directly. The vendor delivers the product and is responsible for applicable warranties.
- Full purchasing support from start to finish.
- Supporting UMNB programs supports UMNB members!
For More Information or to Make A Purchase :
Jesse Patenaude, Manager of Business Development, Southern Alberta, Atlantic Canada
Read the Canoe Procurement website for an overview of the program, and learn about the current vendors and product/service offerings:
- Arena Equipment
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Fleet Upfitting
- Geospatial Program
- Ground Engagement
- Office Supply Program
- Parks & Recreation Supply
- Traffic Supplies
How to Participate :
Step 1 – Get your opt-in form here. Print and complete the entire form. Email completed forms to email@example.com.
Step 2 – Create and sign your municipality’s declaration letter and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for Minister Jill Green, Service New Brunswick approval. CC: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3 – Reach out to Jesse about your specific purchasing needs.
The Union of the Municipalities of New Brunswick, on behalf of its current and potential members and represented Associations and their members, intend to participate in one or more procurements conducted by Canoe Procurement and Sourcewell between February 2021 – February 2022. For further information and access to the Union of the Municipalities of New Brunswick tender notices, please review the Service New Brunswick Procurement website at www2.snb.ca and the MERX website at www.merx.com. For further information on our alliance with Canoe Procurement, please visit the website at www.canoeprocurement.ca. For further information on Sourcewell, please visit the website at www.sourcewell-mn.gov.
Canoe Benefits Program
UMNB has also partnered with Canoe to deliver a program specifically designed for municipalities and the public sector. By engaging with Canoe Benefits, you can take advantage of buying power of the public sector in Canada on the following topics
- Group benefits program
- Program Audit/Review
- Group savings and retirement
- Virtual counselling and mental health solutions
- And many more…
For more information, please contact email@example.com
BrokerLink Group Insurance Program
As an UMNB member, you qualify for BrokerLink’s Group Insurance Program. Their team of brokers will take the time to discuss your needs, answer your questions and provide an insurance policy that offers protection plus additional value through the UMNB group program.
As a member, you qualify for:
- Preferred rates for your home and auto insurance
- Expert advice and customized solutions
- Convenient payment options with no interest changes or service fees
Personal Home & Auto
BrokerLink’s home and auto insurance plans are customized to suit your needs, with the savings you deserve.
Ask about coverage for:
– Tenant and condo
– Seasonal Property
– Recreational vehicles
For more information, contact a member of their dedicated group insurance team today!
Canoe Procurement: RFP Samples
Click here to view this sample:
Click below to view this sample: