Job Title: Administrative and Events Coordinator
The Union of the Municipalities of New Brunswick (UMNB) is a non-profit association of sixty member local governments, representing over one third of New Brunswick’s population. Our work includes government advocacy, membership services, research, and events such as our Annual Conference. Municipalities are the level of government closest to people’s daily lives, and we work to support them.
About the job:
As Administrative and Events Coordinator, you will be key to making UMNB’s operations run smoothly. You will oversee our office administration, help us communicate with members and the public, and help coordinate our meetings and events. You will be making a difference in a friendly, flexible work environment.
- Position type: Permanent Full Time
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Location and Hours: Fredericton, NB. Office hours 8:30-4:30 PM. Some work outside Fredericton and/or normal weekly business hours will be required.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director
- Coordinate UMNB’s office administration, including mailing, filing, and banking
- Assist in event coordination, including Board meetings and the Annual Conference
- Assist in communication with members, media, government, and the public
- Assist in member communications, including social media posts and website updates
- Support the Board of Directors and committees, including minute-taking
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent experience in a related field
- Strong English and/or French oral and written communication skills
- Computer experience: Office (Word, Outlook, Excel); Bookkeeping (Sage50)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Bilingualism is a strong asset
How to apply:
- Please submit cover letter and resume (as a single PDF) to Executive Director Margot Cragg at email@example.com by 5 PM on May 3, 2019.
- UMNB is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all expressions of interest but only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.